Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 11 15 9:04 AM

Tags : :

Hi

I seem to have a single Youtube feed[1] that takes ages to update. It's in the same format as the rest of my ~30 Youtube subscriptions, yet this one can take up to a day to update. Manually clicking refresh on it will cause it to grab the latest version. Is there something wrong with this feed?

[1] https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/omfgcata/uploads?v=2

Regards
elFarto
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 11 15 10:26 AM

Hello

This feed uses pubsubhubbub, so I'm not entirely sure why it would have any issues updating, unless the pubsubhubbub subscription was severed prematurely for some reason.

I've resubscribed the feed to the subscription. Please let me know if you continue to have issues with this feed.

Thanks
The Old Reader Team

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 17 15 7:01 AM

Hi

That seems to have solved the issue, posts are now showing up quickly. By the way, are there any plans to use any of the information in the 'media:group' element in the RSS that Youtube provides? I like using TOR for Youtube, but the RSS feed they provide (at least the one that has PubSubHubBub support) doesn't actually contain any description, however there is a bunch of info in the media:group element that would be nice if displayed.

Ideally it would be nice if I could supply a bit of XSLT to be run on each element on a feed.

Regards
elFarto

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 18 15 7:31 AM

That definitely would be a neat way to do it. One thing you can do right away is proxy the feed yourself. You can build the transformation to move the media extension elements into the RSS elements and host it on Heroku or use Yahoo Pipes. Then subscribe to that feed in The Old Reader.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 17 15 12:59 PM

It seems this issue is back, with nearly all of my Youtube feeds taking sometimes up to a day to show new posts. If I manually refresh each feed the entries show up immediately.

*edit 1* I've just noticed that PubSubHubBub v0.4 (specifcally https://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/) doesn't support permanent subscriptions, perhaps that's causing the issue?

*edit 2* Looks like it doesn't matter any more, all the Youtube RSS links have broken. On every feed there is a link to https://youtube.com/devicesupport which has a video saying 'This device is no longer supported'.

Regards
elFarto

Last Edited By: elFarto Apr 20 15 12:00 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 21 15 8:23 PM

You need to remove all your youtube rss feeds and add them again.
But it seems that there are still issue or at least some slowness, I need to manually refresh all my youtuve feeds.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Apr 21 15 8:56 PM

YouTube removed support for all of their existing RSS feeds, changed the URL without a redirect. We'll be upgrading the addresses in The Old Reader for all users within the next few days. Doesn't look like Pubsubhubbub is supported in this new format, and there's been some reports that Google is rate limiting the requests. I'll update this ticket once the feeds have been migrated to the new Google address.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 10 15 9:34 PM

It looks like all old youtube RSS feeds have now stopped working. Re-adding them updates to a different URL that works.
Are there still plans to migrate existing youtube RSS feeds in The Old Reader over to a new URL or do we need to manually re-add all youtube RSS feeds?

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 11 15 6:50 AM

Hello

So I can upgrade all existing feeds, however, it will cause duplicate posts for the feed for users because YouTube also changed the format of the feed, breaking their old post id scheme. Because of this, I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on upgrading everyone.

If you'd like me to upgrade your feeds, and you're ok with the duplicate items, send an email to [email protected] with your account email, and I can upgrade all of your YouTube feeds.

Thanks
The Old Reader

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help