Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 10 15 3:27 PM

Tags : :

I raised the same issue with Chrome on the support forums as well:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!category-topic/chrome/YXkyF4fNKc0

Basically on several machines I have TOR using 25% CPU constantly, and the page becomes slow to a crawl. Tried Incognito, and the Chrome was freshly installed on one of the machines I have this issue with.

Didn't notice this with Firefox, and seems to have started since Chrome 40.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 11 15 8:51 AM

It actually happens when I scroll and start expanding items. In particular if some items that have pictures or GIFs in them. And yes it happens on all feeds, but mostly when I'm listing all items. Seems to happen more frequent when I scroll past the first batch of unread items and when it loads more.

I only use list view so not sure about full view.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 12 15 3:42 PM

theoldreader wrote:
Do you have any feeds that are all text, and no images? If so, do they exhibit the same behavior?

Actually only one or two that has excessive pictures, most of my feeds are pure text. I don't recall them triggering the 25%, but they do get affected. When the CPU hold occurs even expanding or scrolling through a text only feed it is very laggy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Feb 12 15 5:10 PM

I have seen this issue when the feeds are filled with animated gifs, but not otherwise.

Can you please switch to Full View to see if the issue persists there?

Also, I noticed that another difference from your screen shot is that you have a different locale set on your computer (Chinese?), and the same goes for your feeds. If you view an individual feed that is only single-byte/non-glyph based character set, does the issue persist? What about if you alter your operating system locale?

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 13 15 3:04 PM

theoldreader wrote:
I have seen this issue when the feeds are filled with animated gifs, but not otherwise.

Can you please switch to Full View to see if the issue persists there?

Also, I noticed that another difference from your screen shot is that you have a different locale set on your computer (Chinese?), and the same goes for your feeds. If you view an individual feed that is only single-byte/non-glyph based character set, does the issue persist? What about if you alter your operating system locale?

Same issue occurs in Full View. Just by scrolling through it.

Don't think it's the language. The other computer I have this issue with is my work computer, which is fixed at English US. And I only have one group of feeds that have double byte is the News group as seen in the screenshot, but I've never seen it trigger the issue there.

And yes it does happens more often with animated GIFs.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Feb 16 15 6:50 AM

Also one more thing you might want to try, it seems to trigger the reaction if I use middle click scrolling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help