Remove this ad

Craigslist rss feeds not showing in old reader

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

1 Point

Lead

Jun 5 14 6:32 PM

Tags : :

Like the title says... for the last few day my Craigslist rss feeds have not been showing up in the old reader.... i get around 300 new cl posts a day into my old reader. But for the last 24 hours or so... nothing.
Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks X
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 5 14 6:45 PM

Yes, yesterday Craigslist changed the way they respond when redirecting pages. Unfortunately this doesn't work with a majority of servers out there.

We're in the process of resolving.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 16 15 10:21 PM

I am having issues again. It seems I am only getting a portion of the available feeds.. I sent in a support email. Here is a copy of that email.

e-mail below...............................I use the old reader for craigslist rss search results. Something happened a few weeks ago. My results dropped by about 1/2. Today its down again. I have changed nothing with those searches.So for example... a search on craigslist in the the "jobs" catagory... then food and beverage section... then searche for these terms...  (driver|drivers|runner|delivery|deliveries) yields 16 results on the 15th of april... i have the opml feed set up the exact same way as above... i got 2 results out of 15 from the old reader. It has been like this for all my feeds.. and like i said.. i changed nothing and i started noticing fewer and fewer results several weeks ago. In fact i had a job search set up for about 1000 mile radius.. that search use to get me about 400 results a day... that went down to about 150 or so... so i deleted it..that feed was about 6 months old and i had changed nothing with it...just fewer results.. Just trying to give you some examples so you can check into this. Thanks X

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 6 15 6:56 AM

Hello

We had sent a response to your ticket 2 hours after you had submitted it. I apologize that you did not receive our response.

Our response was:

Hello

Can you please send me tha address of one of the feeds you're seeing this issue on?

You can get the address by going to the feed, and right-click -> "Copy Link Address" from the feed header.

Thanks
The Old Reader Team

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 6 15 12:30 PM

Let me try to explain it better... i dont always communicate well ....

So this search http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search/fbh?sort=date&query=%28driver%7Cdrivers%7Crunner%7Cdelivery%7Cdeliveries%29

Is the same as the feed above.... i got 3 results on may the 4th in the old reader.... but there were 20 results on craigslist...

The search is the same.... that is what i was trying to explain.

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

May 7 15 1:25 PM

That is intersting... so first ... i never set my searches up for "relevant" i always set them as newest first... however... i did notice a few weeks ago something in CL changed... i also keep a few searches in my browser fav's... i did all of those as newest... but something changed ... i think on CL end... where i noticed the searches i had set up as newest ...first come up as relevant... so... i will play with it a bit... i will delete some of my old feeds and do new ones...

the feed i did above i did do as newest first... not relevant... but like i said i did notice some of my "browser fav's" searches changed to relevant with out me doing that...

Let me play with it for a bit... it usually takes a few days for new searches to populate in the old read so probably report back in a week.

Thanks for your help!!

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 11 15 12:09 AM

Ok so here are the results... keep in mind that I did the search in the feed as "newest" and its the same search as I did on craigslist...

results  
old reader on may 7th ..5 results
actual craigslist results may 7 ... 14 results

old reader on may 8th..  2 results
actual craigslist results may 8th... 10 results

older reader feed (newest) https://theoldreader.com/folders/554bee60091452157800021c
craigslit search (newest) http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search/fbh?sort=date&query=%28driver%7Cdrivers%7Crunner%7Cdelivery%7Cdeliveries%29

Please let me know.

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 11 15 6:44 AM

Hello

It still doesn't appear as if your subscription has the "sort=date" parameter in the querystring. You must subscribe to:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search/fbh?sort=date&format=rss&query=%28driver%7Cdrivers%7Crunner%7Cdelivery%7Cdeliveries%29

In order to ensure that the subscription is sorted by date and not relevance, you must make sure that when you enter the address of the RSS feed into The Old Reader, that it has the "sort=date" parameter.

The Old Reader Team

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 11 15 11:59 AM

I currenlty get my feed from search tempest.. they export as an opml file.. when i do my search they come up as by date... is there a way for me to force it ...or way for me to input it so the feed comes up as date?

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 11 15 1:47 PM

Hello

I'm not entirely sure if you can force it. I'm not very familiar with Search Tempest. Possibly try contacting their support to see if the issue is something they are aware of?

Thanks
The Old Reader Team

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sep 12 15 11:12 PM

Ok ... here we go again..

As of last night... all of my rss feeds stopped showing any results. I have at least 40 feeds / searches set up for craigslist.. as of today.. none of them are working. Can you fix this for me please. My subscription limitis me to 500 total feeds so its not that.

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help