Remove this ad

Craigslist rss feeds not showing in old reader

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

1 Point

#41 [url]

Oct 1 15 11:42 AM

Any news or updates i get a few feeds... from time to time... but not many..

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Oct 1 15 1:59 PM

At this point we've contacted Craigslist several times, including Craig himself. Craig forwarded to another person there, but we have not gotten a single response from who he forwarded to. We've also dialed back our fetching of Craigslist feeds drastically, and make no more than 3-5 requests per minute per server. No CL feed is fetched more frequently than once every 4 hours.

You're getting a trickle of posts because their automated system lets servers out of the penalty box for a while before they hit the the limit again and get put back in the box. So for a few hours a day a portion of our servers have access to fetch the feeds.

That's the status as of now. We'll keep bothering them about it and hopefully will get a response. We can also try dialing the fetching interval down even further to see if we can get under whatever the limit is.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Oct 19 15 5:51 AM

Yes, I think there is hope that this will get resolved. If you look back at Feedly's issue last year, it took almost 2 months for it to be resolved. I think that it is just extremely slow going with Craigslist.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Nov 1 15 12:27 PM

Hello

We've just released functionality that will allow you to update your Craigslist feeds manually. We believe this is the only way we're going to be able to stay under the whatever the limit is that is causing our servers to be blocked.

You'll notice now that the Refresh button on all of your Craigslist feeds is a dropdown. In that dropdown, there's one option to refresh all of your Craigslist feeds in the background.

Clicking that will trigger us to go out and fetch all of your Craigslist feeds.

In order to make this work, we needed to disable all automatic fetching, as our fetching servers just keep getting blocked if we keep trying to fetch automatically.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thanks
The Old Reader Team

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Nov 1 15 1:51 PM

Ok thanks I will give it a try. But I am looking at my feeds and i dont see the "refresh" button. I have looked every place I can think of? Where is it? I dont see it on the individual feeds or on the main screen or under my name.. no where.

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Nov 2 15 10:30 AM

That button will show on all individual feed views, not the "All Items" view.

If you still don't see the button on the individual feed view, can you tell me what browser model and version you are using?

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Nov 2 15 1:41 PM

Ya I clicked on the feed link so its not in "all" mode... no refresh. I can send you a screen shot if you give me an email to send it to.

Browser is Firefox 41.0.2

X

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Nov 2 15 2:12 PM

Yeah, if you could send a screenshot, that would be great. You can send it to [email protected]

Also, if you want to try in another browser, or in Firefox Safe Mode, that would be an interesting test as well.

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Nov 2 15 2:39 PM

This is all well and good for a few feeds, but I subscribe to your 1500 maximum feeds service and use all of them for feeds from craigslist.  Obviously this is not a good work around or perminant solution for those of us with lots of feeds.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Nov 2 15 5:02 PM

I just checked in IE11 ... it is exactly the same as firefox.. no refresh.. tried firefox in safe mode ... no refresh... I will send photos later to support after I eat dinner... but honestly...it just looks like it did .. no changes on my end in either firefox or ie... ...no refesh to left of the button like in your screen shot...

Thx X

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Nov 3 15 11:50 AM

Ok I got an email from support.. I was not "drilling" down far enough to find the refresh button... it looks like I have to open my folder of feeds... and then select each feed to hit refresh. This is not going to work for me as I also have probably 1000 feeds... So we need a better solution

Next... when I do refresh the feed... the results are not good... one feed I only got results from October even though there have been hundreds of results for that feed in November.
Also another feed I refreshed on only brought up 18 results for the last 3 hours... so far today on craigslist today there have been at least 100 results if I search on cl directly. So the refresh feature is not working properly at all.

Thanks X

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help